3. A later picture of Sallie, sometime before 1919.
4. Sallie Henderson Crews (1853–1941) with her husband, Henry Crews (1857–1929), and their children, Walter James (1885–1952) and Lizzie Lee (1888–1964), about 1896.
5. The Crews family: Walter James, Henry, Sallie, Lizzie Lee, and Sallie’s mother Eleanor Ann Selina Shelby Henderson. Eleanor died in October 1900, and this photo was probably taken a few months before that.
6. Henry and Sallie Crews (center) with son Walter James Crews, his wife Lena Henry Todd Crews, and grandchildren Walter Daryl Crews (1922–2008) and Tommie Lee Crews (1924–2006).
1. Sarah Jane Henderson, known all her life as Sallie, married Henry Calvin Crews on June 22, 1884.
2. Henry Calvin Crews was a young bachelor when he came to Texas in a five-family wagon train.