6. Kerin’s Note: This photo was loose and unlabeled, but some research tells me it is North Arendell St. in Gause, Milam County, Texas. The Arendell family lived in Gause in the late 1800s/early 1900s, and both Belle Henderson Arendell and her husband John Wesley Arendell are buried there.
I believe this might be Mary Nell Wilson Hammer (1932-2016) visiting the town of her ancestors. I am guessing the picture was taken in the late 1980s or early 1990s.
2. The Wilson family, sometime after Lee Marion Wilson’s death in 1901. Based on the children’s ages, this was probably taken around 1905.
Atlee Sylvester Wilson (1892–1963)
Enoch Crawford Wilson (1890–1973)
Ethel Estelle Wilson (1893–1965)
Ida Wilson (1900–1917)
Lela Gertrude “Gertie” Arendell Wilson (1870–1957)
Bertha Wilson (1896–1979)
Kerin’s Note: This is a terrible photocopy of a great picture. If anyone has a better copy they could share, I would so appreciate it!
5. Enoch Wilson married Pearl Oliver. They are pictured here.
4. Lela Gertrude’s son Enoch Crawford Wilson is not pictured here, but this is his wife Maude Mae Vaughan Wilson and their two youngest children Robert Clinton Wilson (b. 1928) and Mary Nell Wilson (1933-2016). Maude Mae Vaughan died in 1939.
3. A grown-up Ethel Estelle (Lela Gertrude’s daughter) and her husband Jacob “Jake” Harrison Horn in April 1944.
1. Lela Gertrude Arendell Wilson (1870–1957), called Gertrude or Gertie, with husband Lee Marion Wilson (1869–1901). Oldest boy, back left, is unidentified. Back right is Enoch Crawford Wilson, born 1890. In her dad’s lap is Ethel Estelle Wilson, born December 1893. Atlee Sylvester, born 1892, is standing in the middle, and the baby is Lela Bertha Wilson (called Bertha), born January 1896. Photo taken in 1896.
Kerin’s Note: I tried to identify the boy in the back, but ran into dead ends. If anyone knows, please tell me!