Charter Member Graves
All but one of the charter members of Bethesda Presbyterian Church are buried in its cemetery and include W. T. McGahey, M. E. McGahey, Lily McGahey (Ferguson), W. D. Henderson, E. S. Henderson, S. J. Henderson (Crews), F. S. Henderson, Jas. McGahey, Thomas A. Love, Francis A. Love, J. A. Henderson, S. J. Henderson, Hugh C. Henderson and Mary Elizabeth Henderson. Only Viola Dobbins is buried elsewhere.
· William Lee Henderson (1808-1883) and Eleanor Shelby Henderson (1834-1883).
[Kerin's Note: At some point, Vivian told me that Eleanor's name is misspelled on the gravestone, that it definitely was Eleanor, not Elenor.]
· Their youngest son, Franklin Smith Henderson (1860-1881).
· William T. McGahey (1834-1883), and Martha Elizabeth Henderson McGahey (1842-1896)
· Their daughter, Lillie Mae McGahey Ferguson (1868-1950). Her husband William Forrest Ferguson (1864-1903), was not a charter member of the church.
· William Daniel Henderson (1858-1929).
· Joseph Asmon Henderson (1847-1885)
· Samantha Jane LaGrone Henderson Taft (1854-1896)
· Hugh C. Henderson (1848-1885) and Mary Elizabeth Henderson (1844-1925)
[Hugh Cunningham Henderson was a cousin of the 9 Henderson children. He was the son of William Lee's brother, John Elam Henderson.]
· Sarah (Sallie) Jane Henderson Crews (1853-1941). Her husband, Henry Calvin Crews (1857-1929) was not a charter member.
· James Milton McGahey (1861-1939. His wife Alice S. McGahey (1865-1939) was not a charter member.
· Thomas A. Love (1833-1882)
· Francis A. Love (1842-1893)
A full list of graves at Bethesda Cemetery is found on Findagrave.com at and a separate listing is at http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GScid=1030640and a separate listing is at http://www.usgwarchives.net/tx/cemph/smith/smitbeth.htm.