Written 1989-1999, additional notes added 2014-2017
William Lee Henderson, his wife, Eleanor Ann Selina Shelby Henderson, and their young children left their home in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina in 1851–52 for Perry County, Alabama. Nearly two decades later, in 1879, they headed to land near Lindale, Smith County, Texas, where they established Bethesda Presbyterian Church, now a Texas Historic Landmark.
This is a story about connections—the thousands of individuals and their families whose beginnings can be traced back to the Henderson family. It is their story—and our story.
Genealogy and family history written and compiled by Vivian Anderson Castleberry, 1989-1999
Researched with Curtis Wales Castleberry
Stories submitted by Henderson family members
Website and additional research by Kerin Tate, 2014-2017